Friday 21 August 2020

Yesterdays Heroes Once More Part Twenty Six..... Plans Plots and Proposals

 Inside the Private Quarters of King Wayee, The Young King felt a little uneasy. He had come to this meeting with some fixed goals and many idea's. Some of which had been based on his studies of the Ankarian way of life and culture. Others on his own thoughts for a peaceful future..... BUT he still had nagging doubts that troubled him.

On the Plus side, the happy harmonious collection of species and peoples from all 16 Realms  living on this planet was something positive. If it could work here, could it work throughout the Universe ?  The Ankarian culture looked perfect, they had lived this way for over 1000 years. ...But was it perfect ? He had only seen a handful of the 16 different races so far. To be honest along with the King he had only meet  7 people. And of that 7 all but 3 were Ankarian and all of those met served the King. Even the mysterious beauty Boggina would be loyal to the King. Her family worked for him after all. The Young King would need to see more before he could make a proper decisions. 



The thing that worried the Young King the most was could he live with the other major part of his plan. This would need more discussion with King Wayee.  

Looking around the Private Suite, The Young King saw it as a very modest room. Yes the Furniture was of the finest quality... but it did not reflect it was a Room fit for a King. .... But it reflected Wayee. A Desk at the end of the room was simple and uncluttered. It  faced a wall with a large window in it. However, the View was obscured by coloured glass. The Room it was simple and stylish without being too flashy. The Young King approved of this Room. He felt very comfortable here. Each wall was designed in a different style, and all had seating. That meant one room had four different views. Very clever, and interesting.


Wayee directed them towards the wall that faced his desk. This was made of what looked like plain stone blocks. The Young King wondered what was so special about this stone, but that question would have to wait. Wayee invited  the Young King a seat on one of the two chairs. The Young King indicated he would rather stand. 




King Wayee Sat ,  Young King then spoke

.

"As you may know that on my coronation day I will also be married. As is the tradition, The Farllon King will marry a person from a high ranking Family which would have been connected to the Royal line via Birth.  This would usually be a cousin. Only male children born after a King is crowned qualify as successors to the Throne of Farllon. There are plenty of candidates that would be willing to marry me. A Farllon Kings marriage is that of Power, Tradition and Strength...... Not love.  Although my Father's Wife The Lady Sade -Isst was said to be greatly loved by him, he married her not knowing her.  He met her on the day they wed. Another of the accepted traditions of the Farllon  Monarchy  is that he may have children with anyone he wishes after he is married. Again these are usually Woman from high ranking families. Again only male children become eligible to one day rule. My Mother was a Princess and I believe out of the many woman that bore him children he loved her very much.  The Queen, The Lady  Sade - Isst had arrange this union as she believed that my Mother would be good for her husband"

The Young King Stopped..... and looked directly in the eyes of King Wayee. 

He than continued walking back and forth across the room" What I want is to marry someone that I know, someone I have met, someone I actually LOVE... and hopefully loves me in return. I want children with her, only her. I want all my children both Male and Female to have the right to rule after I have died. I want to change the Universe, but know certain changes must be made back on my home planet first.  As my Father died whilst I was here was with him away from my Home World, I have not had the opportunity to meet any of the pampered Princess' and Lady's that my Father's Queen Sade - Isst may have chosen for me. She will choose well, as she is a caring Mother to me,  but I refuse to marry a person on the day I first met them"

The Young King then flopped down on the chair next to Weyee.



"Good Speech " Said Wayee

He continued " We of Ankar do believe in love. I only married my wife, Puree as she loved me as a person, not as heir to the throne. We met whilst I was  studying at the Academy of Art and Design here on the Ankarian Home World. My Father like my Grand Father and his Father believed that the best education was with others from all walks of life. My Great Grandfather had been schooled by private tutors at one of the Palaces, and although was wise and well learnt, he really did not understand people. He decided his son, My Grandfather would be sent to an Academy of learning incognito. He would use an assumed name and would be marked on his abilities, not who he was or what he would become in the future. Learning about life is just as important as learning facts.

The Young King nodded, although he had been tutored on his own, his  Birth Mother had always made sure  he spent time with others. He would be encouraged to play with the Children of the Servants at the Palace. Children of the Grounds Keepers, and some of the Royal Guard. Many of which became his closest friends. His own Royal Body Guard contained many of his Childhood Friends. 

" Would you like to meet my Wife ? " said  Wayee pointed to a large Painting on the wall. " His is my late Wife"



Both men stood up and walked towards the large painting on the Wall. She was beautiful  thought the Young King. Their was something about her face that reminded him of some one. 

"Would you tell me about her?" asked the Young King

"Yes, take a seat and will pour us both  a drink, and I will tell you about my Beautiful Queen.



Next Time Wayee tells the story of his Queen... or may be the story of the Ankarian Empire. 


Until Then ENJOY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment